Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Choices, Choices, Choices.....


There is a song that I love by Brian Doerksen .  The song is called, Today I choose.
Today I choose to worship you.

Today I choose to give my yes to you
Today I choose to hear your voice and live.
Today I choose to follow you.

Just those words alone makes me very determined to do my best for Him.  
Everything in our lives is directed by choices.  Whether they are right or wrong choices depends on A) our lifestyle and B) our understanding of knowing right from wrong. 
Even following God is a choice.  We choose to accept Jesus to be our Lord and Saviour.  Because of that choice we need to follow  His plan for our lives which is laid out before us in the Word.  The Bible is full of scripture that says 'if you do...... then I will.....'
God always gives us an option to do things His way or we can do things our own way.  
Deuteronomy 28 is probably THE scripture that displays how we should live our lives.  Living in obedience will bring blessing.  As Deut. 28:1 says, If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all nations on the earth."  If you read on it gives the list of blessings but it also lists the curses (or things that will go wrong) if you disobey.  
One of my favourite verses is Matthew 6:33 were it says, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you."    Here is how the amplified bible puts it: "But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given to you besides."
If we are to strive after His kingdom and His way of doing things and being right then we need to choose to do what the word says.  God's desire is to bless us.  His purpose for our lives is to prosper and live a long and joyful life (John 10:10, Jer. 29:11, Psalm 91:16).  So it would only make sense to live out the best life we can by following Him.  

So, Father, today I choose to worship You and follow You. 



   

No comments: